Friday, May 9, 2014

BOOK INSPIRED - THE NIGHT CIRCUS

Hola Chicas!
One of my other passions is reading, I can just lose myself in a book and forget about the real world. Yesterday I finished reading "The Night Circus" from author Erin Morgenstern and I was left longing for the world I just waved goodbye. I was fascinated by the aesthetics described by the author, the magic and fantasy world that the Circus creates inside it.
Before I can continue, I have to say that I'm not well pleased with the result, I had something quite different in mind, the idea is basically the same it just didn't worked out very well in the end but it was worth the try.
The Night Circus is a very special circus, it is called Le Cirque des RĂªves, it arrives without warning and only opens at midnight. Everything inside it is black and white, the only other color that ever pops in is red. There is a group of circus followers called "The Reveurs" and they identify themselves from other patrons by wearing a red scarf.

With that in mind I grabbed silver, black and red polish (and glitter) to work it.
What I used:
  • Kleancolor Silver (base 2 coats) Now, I said it should be white but I didn't like how it looked so I changed to silver as this shade pretty much looked like shimmery white anyway.
  • Star Gazer Black. Made the stripes with this using a nail art brush.
  • Kleancolor Red for stamping the stars with Winstonia Plate W107
  • Loose red glitter for accent nails.

In the end the stars looked barely there over the stripes and the whole thing looks like a jail suit. Not very nice. That is my problem with b/w combos. But I learned from this experience and I will keep playing around with the idea, I added the glitter for some pop and texture and I liked that, will have to develop further. This mani is going to be wiped off tonight and I will bring you something new sometime over the weekend.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia