Wednesday, May 7, 2014

FLOWER FIELD

Hola hola!!

Just after finishing with my friends manis I got down to my own, it's been a while since I wanted to try some elaborate flower design, I always swoon every time I see them but never got the guts to try and do it, and I have to say that for it to be my 1st attempt, I'm really really pleased.

Don't get overwhelmed by the amount of colors I used, it all works out together and is not that time consuming once you get the hang of it, I would say that most of time is spent waiting for the layers to dry.

What I used:

  • Kleancolors Green Grass (2 coats)
  • Kleancolors Sangria Burst (Roses)
  • Kleancolors Berry Burst (Roses)
  • Kleancolors Cobalt (Roses)
  • Kleancolor Pastel Yellow (Petals)
  • Kleancolors Love for Pudding (Petals)
  • Kleancolor Peppermint Breeze (Petals)
  • Nail Art Brush
  • Dotting Tool

What I did:

  • Start with 2 coats of your base color, Green Grass for mine, but you can use any color you want. Let it dry completely.
  • With the dotting tool, paint random dots of the colors that will be the base of the flowers. Try to make them in different sizes. My colors: Berry Burst, Cobalt and Sangria Burst. Let dry.
  • With the nail art brush start painting the petals with a lighter hue of the colors you used for your flower dots. Try curved strokes around the dots, like you were drawing a disconnected circle, 2 strokes on the outside and 1 on the inside will do. It is a lot easier than it seems, even for me and I'm not good at all doing free hand.
  • Finish with top coat.

The same can be done with acrylic paint for a less loaded finish and will dry faster. I was actually really surprised with the wear I got for this one, it lasted almost a week, it was chip free but the edges started to wear off and finally had to take it off as I was doing another design to wear with my bridesmaid dress for my friend's wedding, otherwise it could have gone for the full 7 days.

Hope you try this design!










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia