Sunday, May 18, 2014

RETAIL TERAPHY HAUL - OFF THE NAIL RUT

Hola Amigas,
Well I finally got off the nail rut I was and went to get some supplies from Sally's, they had a buy 3 get 1 free on China Glaze but it turned out there was a catch (there's always one) the polishes that were part of the promotion were regular shades, nothing called me really but I found another display at the bottom shelf at one side of the store that was like 30% and 40% so I dug there. Literally, I was lying on the floor I have noticed they have no care whatsoever in the way they display some products neither none of the 4 shops clerks was very eager to help even thou it was clear I was spending quite a bit. Even when I asked about a particular collection they were puzzled and not bothered at all and I find this in a lot of Sally shops, their in store costumer service is rubbish to say the least.

Ok, end of the rant... I left the shop with some serious damage to my finances but hey! it was my belated Mother's Day gift.

I snagged 6 China Glaze polishes, 2 of them from the Crinkled Chrome Collection. I sort of swatched them while I was stuck in traffic (yes, I was that irresponsible!! Waiting nearly 20 minutes for my lights gave enough time to paint my nails, 1 coat thou) and I have to say, what a huge disappointment they are. I mean, is not terrible but I was expecting something more WOW! you know? They're just chromed polishes with loads of micro and bar glitter, the finish didn't seem "crinkled" to me, maybe after building up the layers you can attain the effect but overall they are bleh! I'm just glad I did not buy as soon as they came out and the fact that I got them on sale is not too bad but I don't see myself wearing them that often.

So, here they are Crush, Crush Baby and Iron Out the Details from the China Glaze's Crinkled Chrome Collection.

Left, Crush Crush Baby. Right, Iron Out the Details


Next are China Glaze's Grafitti Glitter and Mosaic Madness from the Glitz-Bitz 'n Pieces Collection.

Mosaic Madness is a blue medium and small hex glitter with some black thrown in. I'm a sucker for blues and I will be wearing this one loads.

Grafitti Glitter is green hex with black bar glitter also see myself wearing a lot.

Left, Mosaic Madness. Right, Grafitti Glitter

Now I saved the best for last... I think the true gems of this spree are Ruby Wing polishes, these were not on sale so here's where my dineros went. If you haven't heard of Ruby Wing they are color changing nail polishes.
I got Electric Firefly which is a lime green that changed to coral when outdoors (so it says on the label, still have to swatch them) and Meadow a silvery shimmer, very loaded highly pigmented that changed into some lilac-mauve shade outdoors. I have to properly swatched them both and show you. Didn't do it yesterday as I was working on my Godzilla nails, more on that next post!

Also got a Color Club nude staple shade Poetic Hues, nothing interesting there, just got it because I need a good nude to work with as a base colors and that and another China Glaze, Passion for Petals that I loved at first sight but after swatching it looks like  Kleancolor dupe for Red Alert that I already have and Tarnished Gold from the Crackle Glaze Collection.

Left, Ruby Wing in Electric Firefly and right, Meadow
Left, Tarnished Gold. Right, Passion for Petals



I just noticed that on this pic below you can see the Crinkled Chromes, not in detail thou.

Color Club in Poetic Hues

So that is all for this haul, I will be taking some time to play and swatch with them and show you what came up.

See you next post for the Godzilla mani!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia