Monday, August 25, 2014

NAIL CHALLEN COLLABORATIVE - TEA PARTY ROSE GARDENS

Hola Chicas!
For the 4th and last look of the Tea Party theme I did another simple stamped design. The base color is a shade I picked from Walmart, not a huge pink fan and just grabbed this one because it was dirt cheap and it wouldn't be a tragedy if I ended up hating it.
The inspiration behind the look are English rose gardens and those super lush and girly tea parties. It reminds me of summer afternoons at my in-laws eating scones and custard slices. And Tea Parties are close to my heart as well, as I chose to have one for my bridal shower with roses, exotic teas, vintage tea cups and even top hats!
I had a lot of fun with this theme and also I had the chance to play with new plates and some others that haven’t been used.



What I used:
  • Equate in Pink; base 2 coats. The colors don’t have a name, but for $1 you can’t grumble. Fully opaque in 2 coats,  formula easy to work with, dried considerably fast and hasn’t chip after 4 days!! It’s quite thick in consistence, will have to try if they’re good for stamping.
  •  Kleancolor Red; for stamping. Another KC that is super good for stamping, consistent formula. This one is one of fav reds (along with Rimmel’s Double Decker Red) and even better now that I know it can be used to stamp.
  •  MoYou London Mother Nature’s 05 plate; from the vines I just picked the roses and stamped one by one. MoYou, you got my heart (and my money!) There is not a single negative thing to say about MoYou plates, if you’re into stamping you must have them.
  •  Barry M Treasure Chest; accent nail, 2 coats. This one from the Aquarium Collection, my husband picked it for me and had it in the untried box because I have a Kleancolor that is pretty much the same. It is a gold flake glitter in clear base but Barry M’s is superior, both are really heavy loaded and no need to fish around for the bits but I did notice that Barry M’s formula is a bit thicker (which makes the glitter to suspend better, KC tends to go to the bottom) than KC and dries a lot faster (and doesn't have the KC characteristic stinkyness). So KC is now on the de-stash box.
  •  NOPI Quick Dry topcoat
Phew that was a rather long post-review, haven’t done that in quite a while and well, that’s it for the last Tea Party mani!
Gracias for stopping by.
Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia