Friday, August 29, 2014

VIVA MEXICO! NAIL ART

Hola Chicas!

September is approaching and some of you know but others may not, but September is "Mes Patrio" which translates to "Patriotic Month" and we celebrate a few important dates such as Mexican Independence Day and I want to celebrate my country's beautiful and rich culture thru nail art.
I haven't planned a specific number of manicures but I will try to cram in as many as my time and schedule allows and that is why I decided to start a bit early in case I fall behind in the coming weeks.

So for the first look I wanted to use my brand new MoYou Explorer plate, I started collecting all plates with Mexican motives as I could find and this is one of my favs.




What I used:
  • Cosmetic Arts in Taupe; base 2 coats. This one has no name, is a taupe with a barely there shimmer.
  • MDU Papirus; for stamping.
  • MoYou London Explorer 01 plate.
  • Kleancolor Sea Ice; hair piece detail.
  • Kleancolor Metallic Red; piercing and hair piece detail.
  • Fine nail art brush.
  • Franken glitter topper; 1 coat. The finish of this topper is very subtle but it adds an extra sparkle under the light.
Once my base dried I stamped the  "Tlatoani" on my middle finger (the little guy you see in the far left upper corner) -Tlatoani means "speaker" in Nahuatl and it was a highly respected term, given to rulers or Aztec kings- end of the cultural brake... and on my ring finger  the actual "speech" symbol.
To give it a bit of color and represent better the beauty of Aztec Codex I painted the hair piece and piercings with a fine nail art brush and top coat.


I'm very happy with this mani, I have so much more ideas to honor my heritage with nail art. I hope you like it!
Nos vemos!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia