Thursday, August 7, 2014

THE NAIL CHALLENGE COLLABORATIVE - MEXICAN TEA PARTY!


Hola Chicas!

Today I have look #2 for August’s Challenge which is “Tea Party”. My inspiration for this look is Talavera, for those who don’t know what it is, Talavera is a type of pottery crafted in the region of Puebla, Mexico and is very traditional and coveted; only crafted by a handful of specialized workshops and with very strict characteristics in the way is styled and made.

 I remember Talavera tiles, jugs, plates and trays and a very particular Tea set I saw once at an exhibit and I knew I wanted re create that for this theme because they are a beautiful art form and very representative of my country and its folk art.



What I used:

  • NOPI Yoga Then Yogurth; base, 2 coats.
  • MDU Black; for stamping.
  • Kleancolor Teal Envy
  • Kleancolor Berry Burst
  • Bissu Folklore Mexicano
  • Born Pretty store plate D14
  • Nail art brush
  • Color Club Matte Top Coat

It took a bit of time to achieve this look; I used the leadlight technique for the first time and I love the way it turned out. After 2 coats of Yoga then Yogurth I applied a fast dry top coat and then stamped with MDU and started painting the details with a super fine nail art brush, let dry and then applied matte top coat to give a vintage feel to the look.

I made some decals as well but I was too impatient to wait for them to dry, will save them for next time :)
Here's some pics to give you and idea of Talavera and where my inspiration came from.



 Hope you girls like it.

Nos vemos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia