Wednesday, April 2, 2014

EASTER MANIS - The Gold Speckled Easter Egg Mani

Hola hola!
I don't know why, but yesterday I got a bit annoyed with my tribal mani, so last night (after my motherly and wife duties) I grabbed some pastels and decided to try an easter inspired mani. I just started swatching the colors and layering glitters to get an idea of what effects I wanted to end up with and I'm very pleased with the result, I might as well keep it until Sunday! It's basically a pastel skittles with golden flecks accent to add brightness.The colors looks so cute and the gold bits make it pop without being too much. I just loooved it! With Easter approaching I will keep playing with seasonal elements and colors, I have planned to make another pastel mani with some stamping or decals to wear on egg hunt day :)
For this Gold Speckled Easter Egg Mani I used:
Kleancolors Love for Pudding (Pink, 2 coats)
Kleancolors Pastel Teal (Teal/green, 2 coats)
Kleancolors Pastel Yellow (2 coats)
Kleancolors Pastel Orange (2 coats)
Kleancolors Signature Lavender (2 coats)
-For the gold bits:
Kleancolors 24 Carat (this is a heavy loaded but very fine golden glitter)
Kleancolors Almost Good as Gold (this one is a clear base with chunky holo gold glitter)
Make up sponge (optional)
Top Coat
How it's done?
1- Paint all you nails like skittles and allow to dry completely. If you don't want a skittle finish just pick whatever color or combos you want and alternate.
2- *This is optional, but I find the technique is more effective that endlessly layering and dabbing with the brush* Run the brush over the sponge like you would do over your nails, now dab the sponge on your nails. This will allow the glitters and bits adhere to your nail leaving behind the polish base on the sponge and will save you layering until you get the desired glitter load. Twice should do it, as we just want little freckles.
Or, just layer the gold glitter over the pastel base.
3- Give 2 or 3 minutes for the glitter to set and apply top coat.
Listo, doesn't it look gorgeous?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia