Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Game of Thrones S.4 Viewing Party - And of course the GOT inspired mani!!

Well, well, well, unless you been living in a cave for the past 3 years, you all know or at least heard of Game of Thrones and this Sunday was the 4th season premiere. We got together with a couple of friends to watch the premiere, ate some lemon cakes and of course have a couple of drinks all in a very Westerosi fashion that is.
When planning the event we were throwing names for the food we were going to serve, some props and decoration ideas and then I thought, why not come up with a GOT inspired mani as well? How cool is that!?
I said I was going to keep my easter golden egg mani until Sunday, but I took it off on friday and started playing around with color and textures for the GOT mani, oh the possibilities! I planned to show off the mani and post this on saturday, but we went out most of the day and then we went next door to bbq, the clocks went forward on saturday night and we didn't realized it was nearly 4:00 am! I only got like 3 hours sleep before baby woke up and decided to go hyper all Sunday but finally got 5 minutes to get it done.
I suck at freenhand painting, so I used the digital mani technique. Printed the House Sigils and some crowns to alternate. I leaned towards the earthy and neutral colors, very Dothraki. Truth is that I wanted the decor elements to be the focus of the mani, not the colors, they would play more like a complement to weave it all together.
What I used:
  • Kleancolors Sandstone (2 coats)
  • Kleancolors Royal Privilege. See the asociation here? This is a textured polish, the finish is that of sand in a golden matte color, goes perfect with the theme.
  • Digital print
  • Rubbing Alcohol
  • Kleancolors Top Coat

How it's done?

  • Painted nails with base color, Sandstone, 2 coats. For accent nail used Royal Privilege, 2 coats.
  • Wait for them to dry completely and procede with image transfer. Full details on how to transfer digital images, check the "digital mani tutorial".
  • Top coat and Game on!
Here's the House Sigils I used, I hate Greyjoy so I didn't use that one. I'm showing off here the nude look before the image transfer and then the finished look. I loved the nude on it's own, very office friendly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia