Monday, April 21, 2014

MOONY JELLY SANDWICH, ANYONE?

Hola chicas!

After all that easter-y mani vibe of the past couple of weeks I'm more than ready to move on and today I have this pretty girly-looking jelly sandwich mani and also reviewing part of my last Kleancolor's haul.



Red Fever looked "meh" in the bottle but I have to admit that once applied, it totally changed my mind. For this jelly sandwich I did 2 coats but if worn on its own it will take 3 to reach full opacity. The formula applies very smooth and the red shade have some orange tints making it very "pop", somehow reminds me of watermelon jolly ranchers to be precise. I loved it so much because is so great for layering and water coloring.
For the glitter coat, I picked Kleancolor Pinky Moon which is a sheer pink jelly base (if applied on it's own the base is actually clear) with round mini and bar holo glitter, now for the "moony" part, it also has moon shaped holo glitter bits and that is what it makes it to stand out. What I love about Kleancolor's glitters is that they are quite heavy loaded so there's no need to be fishing around for it, in this case for the moon bits, and even when these are a bit larger, applied rather flat on the nail surface. *NO TOP COAT as the 2nd coat of Pinky Moon did the job*
For the accent nail I used Kleancolor Wild City, now for this one I'm IN LOVE is a purple sand or sugar textured with bits of round glitter, it dries matte. It's a shame the picture does not do justice because it's really, really beautiful. I have other sand effects and I have to say that they're not as good.
So for this look, I alternated 1 coat of Red Alert and 1 coat of Pinky Moon for a total of 2 coats each and 2 coats of Wild City on my ring finger.
The downside of this mani is that it took quite a bit to get fully dry and had to re-do 1 nail after smudging it when I picked my baby off his chair and had to use the old "I'm impaired until my nails dry". That aside, I'm delighted with the final look and it was super quick and easy, no need for crafty techniques or tools ahh and no mess! 
What I used:
  • Kleancolor Red Alert
  • Kleancolor Pinky Moon
  • Kleancolor Wild City



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia