Monday, June 9, 2014

HOLA SAILOR! - NAUTICAL MANI

Hola Chicas!

For this week's mani I wanted a nautical vibe, it's been a while since I had blue and red on my nails and this is a perfect way to combine them.

I incorporated some cut outs from some nail wraps I grabbed on this Saturday's shopping tour (more on that in another post). I tried to stamp an anchor with Bundle Monster plates and again, it was a pain trying to get it transferred and ended up free handing it and the result was this Nautical Skittle.



What I used:

    • Rimmel London Double Decker Red. 2 coats, can get away with 1 as it is highly pigmented super shiny red, exactly like London's afore mentioned buses.
    • Kleancolors White. I hate using white polish, the finish on this one is very streaky, I used 2 coats and still could see the lines, wouldn't recommend if using bare, it's acceptable for base with something on top to sort of mask the streaks.
    • Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Blue It. Very thin and runny formula, 2 coats but the finish is a super shiny royal blue with a hint of sparkle/shimmer, an all time fav of mine.
    • Pure Ice in Bare it All, this is gold glitter, used just for a touch up but gives full coverage in 3 coats.
    • Nail Wraps, got them at the nail art supply shop. No brand or name on the package, it was only like " fashion nail wraps" 1 strip with 10 decals. This one was a nautical design but I wasn't interested in using them as a whole and for example, the thumb sized wrap was too small for me. I just cut the blue stripes for my thumbs and the wheel for the pinkies.
    • Dotting tool, nail art brush and black polish for the details.
Here it is, Heya Sailor! hope you girls like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia