Tuesday, June 10, 2014

SHOPPY SHOP HAUL & REVIEW

Hola!

Today I have some reviews from my last couple of purchases, being smaller (a lot smaller) than usual because I couldn't really find anything that I really wanted. I' ve been hunting down the O.P.I. Sheer Tints or the Sally Hansen's with no luck and my DIY attempt was deemed unsuccessful when decided to add glitter. Muy mal.

First I have Color Club Angel Kiss, holo. I wasn't so sure about getting one of these when I first saw them in the shop but after seeing a few swatches my collection would be incomplete without at least one. (didn't make to the pics, was in my room upstairs and could be bothered to go and get it)

Last Saturday went to the usual shopping spot and I was disappointed by the lack of variety they had this time. Most displays were empty and most colors I already have. I grabbed just 3 kleancolors and some Bisu. Despite my 200+ polishes stash I found I don't have a solid neon lime shade so I got 2 of those because I have a mani on mind that needs that particular shade. Save my husband's " how come you bought yet another polish that looks exactly like the other 80 you already have" Bless them husbands, they're color blind!

The highlight was that I found another shop with a huge, and I mean HUMUNGUS selection of nail wraps. I got 5 packs of those in assorted designs. Out of them I have tried 1 (the sailor mani) that had no particular brand or name on the packaging but it was very good quality. The wrap itself was thinner than others I have used but super sticky. worked perfect both over colored base polish and on it's own just over the bare nail.

One thing did caught my attention was a collection of glitters in the vibe of so many indie polishes out there, these in mini bottles but they were only sold in a strip of 6 shades and couldn't mix and match so for that reason I passed as I had 3 similar from out of the 6. I will return to that shop and see if I can talk to the owner and have her to let me pick as I always go there and spend quite a lot. I remember last time I went there about a month ago, she said they will start to phase out the kleancolor's and introduce Profusion. I did see more of the latter this time and I have some of this brand and they are very good and the bottles are very nice as well, they're round with a long cap/handle and have a rhinestone on the top which is very neat. The only thing is that they didn't have many colors that were new to me so I only got 1 glitter and to be honest I was a bit afraid of having a dupe already.

In the same shop I found the wraps I got the Bisu ones. The thing I love about them is that they have mini bottles that I like to get because they are pocket change cheap, literally (in dollars would be like $40 cents!!!), so I get more chance to get shades I would not use much or I'm not so sure of. One tip, Bisu's formulas are thick which makes them ideal for stamping. The one thing I don't like about them is that it's only until recently they started to name their shades. I have quite a lot of the mini bottles, really beautiful super rich holos but no names! not even color numbers, so in a way I have them "uncharted".

Heres a few pics of the suff I got, will review in detail in the next couple of days or weeks.
Left to Right: Neon Lime, Funky Yellow & Slumber Party *matte

Glitzy Gold

Full sized bottles. Left: Canarias. Right: NO NAME!!! see how annoying it s?

Mini bottle, no name. arrghh

JK Decoration Nail wraps and 2 other no-name 

the no name ones, comes in a neat reusable plastic bag with a button. Really nice, for $1.00 usd!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia