Monday, June 16, 2014

TEQUILA SUNRISE - GRADIENT MANI

Hola Chicas!
Hope you all had a great weekend celebrating Father's Day with your dad's and/ or husbands.
Last night I sat down to get this mani done, didn't had anything specific on mind, pretty much just wanted to use some of the yellow polishes I got from last haul and ended up with a gradient.
See, my problem with gradients is that I love how they look on the distance, up close (at least to me) it doesn't matter how much I blend or smooth the color out, they look like a mess. That is my opinion. Nevertheless I did this one using 3 colors plus the base and a glitter topper.
What I used:
  • Bissu in Canarias, base 1 coat. This is a very pretty yellow crème, looks like a easter chicken yellow, it's very pleasant to look at on it's own.
  • Bissu Melon, for the gradient bottom part. This one is a more of a mango than a melon to me, but still very nice color. Would be a 2 coater worn on it's own.
  • Bissu Folklore Mexicano; middle color. I totally love this color, is an orange neon crème, super vibrant and covers in 1 coat. Ought to swatch it on it's own so you can appreciate it.
  • Bissu Rosa Bubble, for the top part of the gradient. It's a punch pink, neaon crème that goes on 1 coat.
  • Kleancolor SoCal Gal. for the accent nail 1 coat. This is a textured finish, in the sort of the sand or sugar coats, it's feels very smooth to the touch in comparison to other brands.
  • Kleancolor V.I.P. Glitter topper on all nails, except for the accent one. Orange jelly base with mini holo hex glitters in silver and copper.
  • Make up sponge

I liked the color combo and the overall look, specially with the glitter because it compliments the background colors but like I said, the "messiness" of the gradient up close bothers me.
What you think of gradients?


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Nailtopia